Thursday, June 11, 2009

Refuge

Another fantastic farmer's market in San Carlos.  This time I walked up from home to the Market and met a few friends to shop.  We all wandered the market, stopping here and there, never quite at the same place at the same time.  We connected at the end with exclamations of 'potatoes!' and 'strawberries!' with nods of agreement and peeks in bags all around.  As Chris and I are headed out of town for the weekend I gathered mostly longer lasting goods like carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, and corn that I am hoping to get through when we return next week.  I could not resist a three pack of huge red strawberries that I am planning to munch on all day tomorrow, breakfast, snack, and on the road to SLO.  After the market we walked and met Chris at Refuge, a great restaurant a couple of blocks down from the farmer's market that specializes in belgian beer and pastrami.  We stood on the street for a while as the place was packed and enjoyed the cool weather and people watching before getting seated at a huge library style table made of dark and highly polished wood.  I of course was forced to indulge in a Chimay and a reuben (go on, twist my arm) which was pure heaven.  If you get a chance to eat here, please do, at least once.

No comments: