Friday, November 11, 2011

Day Off

It's raining today.  I have the day off - a Friday - due to Veterans Day.  Being married to a veteran and working with veterans everyday - they have a special place in my heart.  This group of men and women, of all ages, who were willing to put their lives on the line to serve our country.  Thank you.


I've started the day with a sleep in and then cozying up on the couch with my hubby and some blankets.  Two big mugs of coffee in our hands and 'How it's Made' on the tube.  I really didn't want to know how bacon is made, really.  


Next I'm off to a quick breakfast out with my husband and then to meet up with two of my girlfriends for a little shopping and lunch.  Hopefully I can maintain control of my wallet and not go crazy.  I've got a 10K race coming up tomorrow... I need to remember to drink lots of water, rest, and to eat well - though I may sneak in a few extra carbs tonight with dinner.  


Better go get ready to go.

No comments: