Saturday, December 18, 2010

Train

Last month after deciding to extend my stay in San Diego to catch up with family I decided to skip the expensive fee to change my flight and got a 45$ train ticket from San Diego to San Luis Obispo (SLO) to meet up with Chris.  If you have never taken the train between San Diego and SLO, put it on your bucket list.  It is an amazing route that runs along the ocean, through vineyards, and areas of CA not seen by car.  I was absolutely glued to my window through most of the trip.  Here are some pictures from my seat.
Fields of green in S. CA.
Marsh land at sunset.
Beach south of Santa Barbara at Sunset.
I'm just kicking myself for not taking my camera out earlier - the train goes by a lot of beaches north of San Diego and it was so cool to be passing all the people out on the friday after thanksgiving who were on the beach playing and waving at the train.  This is a must do again.

No comments: