Monday, October 11, 2010

Fishing Trip

 A couple of weeks ago I got to join my mother-in-law and some of her friends in Morro Bay, CA for a fishing trip.  I wasn't to sure about the fishing idea, but I love being on the water and I thought it might be fun.  It was a beautiful day and such a joy to be doing something new.
 We went out on the ocean and had a great time learning how to bait my hooks, cast out, and tell when there was a fish on the line (I caught 6).  We hauled in about 14 rock fish in the course of about 4 hours, with the waves high and a cold wind.
It was a little sad to watch the crew fillet out our fish, but it was good to remind myself about where food comes from and experience it from sea to plate.  We cooked up the fish with simple olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic and sat out on the deck looking over the hills and recapping our day with the boys.

No comments: