Monday, September 20, 2010

2nd Annual Last Weekend of Summer Celebration

We have started a tradition of getting away the last weekend of Summer to relax and unwind with our friends at the cabin at Bass Lake.  It is a great time to bond and spend time with some of the people we love best in our lives, and a wonderful way to say goodbye to the season.  Some highlights:
  • Campfires and S'mores
  • Home cooked family style meals, and I quote my friend D,"I haven't eaten like this since my Grandma"
D at the Lake
  • Lots of time at the dock, both in the water, and out.
D at the Lake
  • Learning to play Skip-Bo
  • Naps
L napping with her dog on the dock
  • Stories, jokes, and giggles
  • Growing closer as friends
Well, I think it is safe to say a good time was had by all and it was time well spent.  I'm already plotting the 3rd annual 'Last Weekend of Summer at the Lake' for 2011.

No comments: